Today I get to interview one of my dear friends, Janey Stahl
When looking for a great guest who not only built her own business from the ground up, but could provide tactical tips for you, the listener, I knew Janey was a perfect candidate.
Janey is a strategic financial officer for business owners who want to maximize their profitability and potential. Her Master’s in Business and Bachelor’s in Finance and Human Resources alongside 9 years of business work experience make her the perfect candidate to help you reach financial goals.
Janey says her goal when working with clients is to help him or her:
- “Make profitable decisions in all areas of [her] business. I will not recommend a tactic just to boost the bottom-line; it has to be aligned to [her] vision and values.”
- “Navigate [her] unique market, manage multiple roles, and achieve sustainable profitability.”
- “Provide creative solutions so [she] can feel confident and empowered.”
Not only do I admire Janey’s business mind, but she is also a wife and mom of two, and the definition of an empowered woman.
I hope you love this interview with my friend Janey of Janey Stahl Coaching.
- Her background as a small-town Iowa farm girl taught her the Midwest work ethic, as well as the importance of making informed financial decisions.
- With an MBA and background in a corporate setting, Janey took a chance working with a startup and saw the ins-and-outs of entrepreneurship.
- Starting her own business didn’t happen overnight. Janey worked a full-time job as she was growing her own business on nights and weekends.
- Mentorship and finding community as you grow a business is invaluable. Seek out community and growth opportunities to network.
- Mindset is key. You need to work in your unique strengths, not the strengths you see others portraying.
- Everybody has their own path.
- “There will be days when it’s really hard, and if you don’t have a strong purpose or strong vision, you will sway with the wind.”
- Write down your skills, what you’re good at and what you’re passionate about, and figure out which of those things you can charge for.
- “You get to choose your hard.” – this was a good one and you can hear her take on it near the end of today’s episode
Learn from Janey
Want more of Janey’s financial advice and business growth guidance? Visit or follow her on and for her tips for business owners.
Follow for More
Follow Empower Her Co on and or visit our for more information if you’re a woman looking to grow your business in a nurturing community.